Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A CHEERFUL GIVER

Hands busy in the simple Mexican kitchen, she worked diligently for hours, mixing up the dough, forming small balls, rolling them out impossibly thin, and browning them on both sides in a hot skillet. The result was delicious homemade tortillas, a still-warm stack wrapped in plastic for each of us. Twenty-one people had been in Mexico for two and a half days, building a new home for her and her family, and she wanted to send us off with a gift in return.

The fresh tortillas were wonderful, and much appreciated. They were also a not-so-subtle reminder to me, that I should be more grateful for the blessings God has entrusted to me. Our new friend was graciously and generously sharing with us from the resources she had. How could I possibly do any less?

Lord, please remind me often of the joy and gratitude and generosity displayed in that humble kitchen. And help me follow her lead by passing along Your blessings to the people I meet.
2 Corinthians 9:7 "Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver."
Grace to you--
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment