Sunday, February 28, 2010

WORKING FOR THE LORD!

Colossians 3:23 says "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."

It's Sunday evening and almost time for bed. The weekend is over, a new work week starts tomorrow morning, and it's going to be a busy one! Clients to meet with, employees to lead and encourage, meetings to attend, other meetings to conduct, paperwork to take care of--you know how it goes.

Some of the work I really enjoy, and find stimulating and challenging. Some not so much. And sometimes I find myself wishing I could just work for God instead of being a business owner. This week He reminded me that I already do work for Him. In everything I do, with every client and every project, as well as every Bible study, prayer, writing assignment and ministry action, I work for Him. He's the Boss, the Lord, the King. What a privilege it is to be in His employ--forever!

Thinking about that, I find myself actually looking forward to Monday morning, with the intention of doing my work for my Lord.

God bless you in your work this week. I pray that you find joy and satisfaction in working for Him.
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment