Friday, December 10, 2010

"CALL TO ME, AND I WILL ANSWER"

This week I finally fixed a problem on my business website--one that has been bugging me for over a month. I had tried everything I could think of, without success. Well, every thing but one. Finally I did what I should have done weeks ago.

I picked up the phone and called technical support. The young man who answered my call was helpful and pleasant, and the problem was fixed in about ten minutes. From there I went on to improve a few other things that needed work--on my own. It felt terrific! Like a major victory! Building on that satisfaction and the confidence it provided, I have been able to get more work done and move forward in ways I had not thought of before. It has been a great week!

Even so, this morning I sat down at my desk feeling overwhelmed, with the demands of two businesses and ministry weighing on me, as well as things I want to get done for Christmas and our upcoming trip. All of them (well, almost all of them) things I really want to do--things that are important to me, that I love doing.

Making a list of all the "to-do's" was even worse. Then I could really see in black and white that it was impossible to get it all done. As the frustration level began to climb, my eyes fell on the ceramic scroll that always sits right in front of me on my desk.

Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3 (NKJV)

I had been overlooking the words for weeks. And I definitely needed to be reminded of their truth. Although I had already spent time with my Bible and prayer earlier in the morning, at that moment I needed to specifically ask for God's direction and blessing on my schedule.

So I did just that--stopped everything and called out to the Lord for His help and guidance. He is so faithful! He already knows how to take whatever twists and turns are tripping us up and smooth out the path in front of us. He'll do it when we ask Him to, but often He waits to be asked. He wants us to call out to Him, and He will show us things we would never have thought of on our own--"great and mighty things, which you do not know."

I still won't be able to fit my entire list into this one day. But God showed me what was most important, and gave me His grace to cover the rest. I'm so glad I called!

Whatever it is you need in your life today, I hope you call out to Him, and look for the great and mighty things He has for you.

Blessings,
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment